When designing any cabinet in your home, the unlimited number of options available can be overwhelming. Making the selection process pain free makes the experience fun!
So let’s take a look at the steps to the selection process for your personal kitchen. See your kitchen is personal, which means that is should reflect your tastes.
1. First and foremost is the design and layout of your kitchen. There are just certain cabinets in your kitchen, that must accommodate specific items. Let’s say you love to bake, and need a strategic place to put your cookie sheets. Good news, we can design that for you. We can use our 3-D software to create a layout that will meet the flow of your baking process. Handy drawers and little cubbies make convenient spaces for baking sheets and spices. We can maximize every square inch of your kitchen to make it the best use of space. We encourage you to think about your space, and tell us where you need everything to go. We will design it for you, and make it effortless. You want a spice rack next to your oven, done let’s see where it fits, that easy.
2. After the layout is complete, you need to choose some accessories. The accessories can be as limited or unlimited as you want. There are tray dividers for silverware, trashcan pullouts, mixing bowl platforms, and pantry organizers. There are a lot of accessories to choose from, but once the layout of your kitchen is complete we can really help you choose the accessories that will best fit your kitchen and your budget. Roll out shelves are a really cost effective way to organize your cabinets and pantry. Spice racks are also great ways to organize all of your baking needs. Again looking at your layout will help determine what your needs are for accessories.
3. After the design is complete for your kitchen, the real fun begins. The next thing is color choices weather it be paint, stain, glaze, or distressed. Think about the lighting in your kitchen, and what colors truly inspire you. Recently we have seen a comeback of white cabinets in the area, although the white is a nice, crisp cream. Mix and match your selections with painted cabinets, and a stained island or furniture piece. There are endless choices, but don’t worry we have plenty of samples and can guide you in the direction of your choice. Have your floors picked? Great bring a sample of the flooring. Have you paint color picked? Great bring a paint sample. We will provide you with samples to pick out your granite or stone as well. The color choices are really where your personal style takes shape in your kitchen. We always encourage you to take your color samples home and look at them under the light in your space. Lighting makes a huge difference on how colors will appear in your home. White cabinets under a flourescent light, will look yellow.
4. Layout, Accessories, Color………what else do you need? Knobs and pulls of course! You can supply your own knobs and pulls, or choose from our selection in the showroom. Again how you use your space will determine whether you want a pull or a knob. The longer drawers are usually easier to get into with a pull, while top cabinets are easily accessible with a knob. Do you have you chosen your faucet? Maybe you would like to match the brushed bronze of your faucet to your knobs?
5. Once you make all of your choices, we will take care of the rest. We encourage you to stop by and see your project during the building stage. A lot of customers are really excited to see everything in production.
Then of course there will be installation, which can be the topic of the next blog. See making choices does not need to be overwhelming! Making the selections for your cabinets is the fun part.